Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DIY T-Shirt Dress

When I first started sewing, jersey cotton terrified me. It was stretchy and unpredictable, would pill and pull at odd angles, and be generally unruly. But having done a lot more experimentation and having created some great and some not-so-great results, I have fallen in love.

I made this dress using the awesome tutorial from Cotton and Curls. I totally recommend her tutorial, it was very easy to follow. My version is short sleeved, a bit more fitted, with a super-low back. I think summer is the perfect time to flaunt some sexy shoulder blades. The jersey cotton is so soft and comfy, perfect for munching alfresco at a taco bar to lazing in front of the TV watching all three seasons of Sherlock Holmes. There is no judgement here. 






My t-shirt dress only cost about $10 to make with the fabric bought at a discount price from JoAnns. I love this purply-blue color and fully plan on stocking my wardrobe with a few more of these babies.

Thanks to my bestie Sarah for snapping these photos today. This photo shoot was shortly followed by roasting in the sun at the pool and eating our weight in spicy queso. :)
***
dress: self-made, shoes: Keds, necklace: H&M, belt and sunglasses: Urban Outfitters, purse: thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment